[kj] Questions for the `Joke

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 29 15:25:32 EDT 2006

Finally got the interview back. Jaz in a hugely chatty and
disarmingly flirty mood with a dingbat female interviewer.

Some points!

- Jaz claims Pink has recorded a Killing Joke cover (no title
mentioned.)
- Jaz claims Youth played on only two tracks on KJ2003 and that
Geordie otherwise played the bass parts.
- Jaz has no problems with Raven and regards him as a brother and
misses enjoying cigars with him. He will always be part of the
family. Raven simply has to be Stateside at the moment (or so Jaz
claims).
- Gems of Power "out sometime soon, I think"
- Favorite track of his on the album is "Invocation".

Overall, Jaz sounded relaxed and affable. When I've written up my
piece, I'll post a link, and will host the entire radio interview
somewhere soon, if I can figure out how.

Stay tuned.

Alex in NYC