[kj] Re: 80's tournament - tossers - numan

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 21:50:52 EDT 2006

I'm with Peter on this one. I could give a flying frig
about the political leanings of the artists i listen
to. I'm sure half of the people in my very favourite
bands are complete assholes. Or maybe they aren't. It
really doesn't affect my opinion of the music at all.

I once did a phone interview with Maynard from Tool
for the University radio station i was working at at
the time. This was right around when Undertow was
getting big. Anyways, he was a TOTAL dickhead -
extremely unjustifiably rude and just did not want to
talk about anything. I really hated the experience
because i was, at the time, a HUGE fan of Tool. I
still listened to the shit out of Undertow and Opiate
though.

I guess the point to that story is that music is what
i'm concerned with, not the personal agendas of the
people who make it. Hell, Johnny Ramone said something
like "God bless President Bush" at some awards show
thingy but that doesn't change the fact that Judy Is A
Punk is one of the best 3-chord punk rock songs ever.

Leigh

--- FLIGHT BRINGER <flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk>