[kj] strange collaborations

Mike Cooper mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 17:55:02 EDT 2006

Over the past 18 months or so I have got really really deeply into the Fall
and been collecting their stuff like mad. Bit like Frank Skinner. Partly coz
there is bugger all else about!

Anyway I found I like all eras of them and not just the early stuff.  Got
one recently called "Wonderful and Frightening World of...." whcih is an
excellent album and I think a compilation of 12's".  Three of the tracks
have Gavin Friday singing.  Now call me old fashioned but I do find it hard
to imagine the rather straight laced Mr Smith singing with Gavin Friday and
was a tad surprised.

It got me wondering what other strange mixtures have there been?  I am sure
I saw Elton John once singing with Enimem recently - bit odd.

Any others?????????????