[kj] O/T The Cult tour

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Apr 28 12:54:11 EDT 2006

"Brian Whitehead" wrote:

See these guys are doing the rounds again...

http://www.seetickets.com/?a=the+cult

+++++

I've been a long time Cult fan despite Ian Astbury's rather pretentious and
often silly persona (especially since he did the Doors gig) and have seen
them numerous times since the '85 "Love" tour and can say they're still well
worth catching if you like their music at all. I just saw them in March in
Los Angeles and they put on an excellent show playing all the typical "hits"
as well as a few deeper cuts like "Spiritwalker," "Brother Wolf Sister
Moon," and "Electric Ocean." The drummer they have in the band this tour is
probably the best drummer they've ever had in any lineup. Ian's voice is
still very strong and you just can't beat them for a solid night of rock n'
roll. The only thing I could complain about is they still mostly neglect the
underrated self title 1994 album.

T.B.