[kj] 80's tournament

Michael Head MICKHEAD at beeb.net
Wed Apr 26 13:26:04 EDT 2006

on a whim, I went to see KJ's label mate Gary Numan at Leeds t'other
night in what I've decided is a triangular tournament between the
80's golden oldies over the next few days.

Numan has surprisingly set a high bar, it's the first time I've seen
him & his set was dark & atmospheric with the new numbers from
Jagged, his older stuff played in a higher tempo & more powerful way.
Numan himself had plenty of energy & his voice has been well looked
after, he sounded great. 8/10

next up Killing Joke, Nottingham Rock City on Saturday. earlier in
the season I would have thought they'd have pissed this, but lack of
form from the friendlies in Europe, plus the omission of a couple of
star players makes me fear the worst.

after that Sisters of Mercy at Leeds. there to make the numbers up.
surely ?