[kj] Re: Ruminations

Stephen Robinson heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 13:00:08 EDT 2006

finally got the album today on Double Blue vinyl. I had a promo version
before

I couldn't hear any major differences, possibly a bit more keyboards in
there somewhere, but nothing massive. May just be due to Vinyl/CD
differences.

Still has "bad" production, which I really like.

I still think it's a good, nay great album

The Artwork is great, I notice the front and back covers do not feature the
words "Killing Joke", although it is down the spine. Layout is a bit
rubbish, but the orginal painting was/is great.

Personnaly I'd have prefered if they hadn't named this one either, keep it
nice and mysterious! KJ06!

And the quaility of the Vinyl is some of the worse I've heard in many a
year, really noisy eps Disk 2. Still sounds better than CD on my System.

And there's 3 track on side 1, 2 on all the others and it's the same track
sequence as the CD.

> Not that I get much chance to post these days but I'm really getting
> into Majestic and Lightbringer
>
> Yes, there are echoes of Intravenous etc. about them. No, maybe this
> isn't the best album ever but there's classic Joke in there.
>
> I couldn't name my definitive KJ album, there's good in all of them
> (yes, even OTG) but that's one of t'Joke's strengths.
>
> I feel that, in this new set, they've distilled that primal Joke
> essence in, yes, an Extremities kind of way.
>
> jerry
>
> p.s. is it just me who really rates "You'll Never Get to Me" as one of
> the stand out moments from the last album? Extinguisher at the ready...

Regards
--
I wrote this on my Amiga One runing OS4, now with screen dragging
http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/