[kj] so will there be another single?

CEPLASTER at aol.com CEPLASTER at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 22:21:08 EDT 2006

If any of these tracks were to be released as singles (such as  Majestic),
there would have to be some serious remixing done (if nothing  else, to make
the vocals more audible and generally listenable.)  As a fan,  I have no issues
with the vocals being sunken into the mix, but if you are  expecting a track
to get played on the radio, there's got to be more of a vocal  presence to grab
the unitiated punters attention.
           A guy like  Trent, much as I am loath to concede, has done quite a
good job at making  records that sonicly fit his "image" but at the same time
are right at home on  mainstream rock radio stations.  Honestly, I think he
blows chunks but he's  got a good grasp on things.
           By  comparison, Hosannas is anything but radio ready. It's a big
sludgy mess (and I  mean that in a positive way), and would just need to be
rebalanced in different  way than it is now.  The only mix on the record that
seems outright  f-ed is TTA.  It's just way too muddy for its own good.   If any
of the folks at Cooking Vinyl are looking for inexpensive re-mix folks I
would  gladly bust out a reasonable facsimile if someone would send me a pro-tools
file  of the tracks.  I know a handful of extremely talented people in the
Boston  area that would gladly work on something like this for short money.
            All  kidding aside,  let's just hope that these guys will keep
their wits  about them and not self-destruct over the next few months.   It
would  be an awful waste.   Later, Carl  P.