[kj] Hosannas: what's not to like?

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:33:14 EDT 2006

On 4/19/06, Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
> In terms of its similarity to "Exorcism," I see your point, but I think my appreciation for "Exorcism" is linked more to its placement in the era in which is surfaced (`94), when apart from my precious Cop Shoot Cop, the world was otherwise obsessed with stuff like Morcheeba (not that knocking them, mind you), and "Exorcism" arrived like a clenched iron fist on trip-hop's chinless jaw. "GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT....." Also, one can't help but be intrigued by the King's Chamber story -- whether it's factual or not, I'll let Peter West consider. The over-the-op, Lemmyvoxed style demonstrated on "Exorcism" had not yet become a norm. It still felt new.
----

After some 27 years as a punk singer, Jaz has earned the right to
sound like Lemmy.  Maybe he should have taken better care of his
throat, but that's a moot point now.

I visited a family friend out of town soon after the "Exorcism" EP
came out, and I played it.  He said something to the effect of, "I
like heavy music, but DAMN...."

--Mark