[kj] 17 years ago

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 05:54:40 EDT 2006

Almost 17 years ago, I hitched up to Manchester to see Killing Joke at the International II. Then down to London to see them at Kilburn National on May 18th, 1989.

I'm listening to the bootleg right now. Several things strike me:

Jaz's voice. This is only a standard ok-quality 1989-era cassette, but his voice is clear as a bell.

The spread of tracks. Here's the setlist:

fall of because
extremities
the fanatic
wardance
song and dance
intravenous
beautiful dead
change
frenzy
requiem
night time
age of greed
the wait
eighties
pssyche
kings and queens

So that's:

early: 2
KJ80 : 3
WTF  : 1
Rev  : 0
FD   : 2
NT   : 3
Br   : 0
OTG  : 0
Ext  : 5

(I'm including the Fanatic with the other Extremities material.)

By the way... it was a cracking gig. Happy memories!

Jamie