[kj] Perceptions so far.

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 15:41:11 EDT 2006

While there are indeed some better aspects of Fire Dances (BPF being the main one) I'm far more interested in hearing Hosannas. Fire Dances for me just represents an unfortunate blip between a decent album (Revelations) and a fantastic one (Night Time). Along with BTATS, OTG and Democracy it's one of the Joke albums I just never seem to be in the mood for.

  Jim.

Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

TOP FIVE REASONS WHY FIRE DANCES IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN HOSANNAS.

1. Big Paul Fucking Ferguson

2. You can acutally *HEAR* the drums (i.e. they're not just an incidental rattle in the back).

3. Jaz's vocals (i.e. he sings rather than bellows like a foghorn)

4. Geordie's guitar in full-on golden harp *TWANG* mode. Anybody can play the fuzzed out metal crunch -- NO ONE can replicate "the bells".

5. Simply more great songs, notably "The Gathering," "Frenzy", "Harlequin," "Feast of Blaze", "Song & Dance", etc. etc. In fact, apart from "Lust Almighty," I'd suggest there isnt' a bad track thereupon.

BONUS REASON:

6. BETTER FUCKING FONT!!!!!!

Alex in NYC