[kj] (OT)Unhappy Birthday to you

Jerry Butson bernies at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 11 02:28:49 EDT 2006

Too bloody right! Happy birthday Chris.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: P Bernardi
  To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
  Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 10:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [kj] (OT)Unhappy Birthday to you

  Chris is a top bloke and doesnt post unwanted shit to this list like some others. He can post his birthday every fucking week for all i care.
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!
  HAPPY BDAY!

  FLIGHT BRINGER wrote:

    Why do people keep posting that its their Birthday FFS ? Are they so insecure that they need the  reassurance of  someone insincerely wishing them a happy Birthday ? People announce its their Birthday like its some kind of achievement. Your Birthday has nothing to do with you, you had no say in the matter, if anything your parents should be celebrating , not you.
      You may think that its something special , well its not . What is 6 Billion divided by 365, because that is how many people are celebrating their Birthday on any given day.
      I ve never wished anyone "Happy Birthday", because I'm honestly not bothered if your day is happy or miserable.  And I dont want anyone wishing me "Happy Birthday" either, because I know that you're not really bothered either.
     I ve noticed that its mainly an American thing, maybe its the Americans who like giving fake, insincere greetings. Things that happen every year should nt be mentioned every year, you should only announce one off things, like marriages or Births (Or QPR winning three consecutive games) . If you are the girly type who feels they must send their annual greeting , then cant you send a personal e-mail?

          FLIGHTBRINGER