[kj] OT How does the mind work?

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 18:10:57 EDT 2006

A characteristically brilliant quote from Mr West:

  "I must disagree with "deciphering the precise meaning of the word is
dependent upon comprehending every single aspect of the symbol, including
context and location within the sentence". It is easy to read my original
post without deciphering the precise meaning of every word, and thus making
your statement incorrect."

  According to Peter, you don't need to know the meaning of the words to understand what he's saying!

  And another one:

  "The jumbled example below is the technique the
Japanese use, that is, only reading a percentage of the words (characters )
used."

  According to Peter, a character in Japanese is the same as a word. Oh dear.

  Basic mistakes Peter. They're a giveaway.

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com