[kj] OT How does the mind work?

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 17:48:51 EDT 2006

I must disagree with  "deciphering the precise meaning of the word is
dependent upon comprehending every single aspect of the symbol, including
context and location within the sentence". It is easy to read my original
post without deciphering the precise meaning of every word, and thus making
your statement incorrect

"The Japanese read their language incredibly fast simply through years and
years of practice and necessity"
     This is also incorrect, the Japanese speed read by only reading a
percentage of the words(Kanji, hiragana or Katakana) written down, it it
possible to fully understand the meaning of what is wrote by only reading a
percentage of the words, the percentage required to read  depends on the
complexity of the sentence. The jumbled example below is the technique the
Japanese use, that is, only reading a percentage of the words (characters )
used. They only read the words required in order to grasp the meaning, and
miss the unimportant words out and thus saving time. But my original below
example proves that it  is possible to understand the meaning without
reading all the words in the correct order. The same method is used.