[kj] Perceptions so far.

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 12:43:52 EDT 2006

Why is everyone freaking out over Jaz's vocals? He's merely trying to sound
harder, more like the current metal ("nu-metal" I guess) and some of the
harcore punk of the 80s. I personally don't mind it that much, and his voice fits
well with the thick, heavy sound of the album (and BTW, "burying" the bass and
drums is part of that heavy sound style of production, not some mistake or
low-budget problem). There are even a few spots where Jaz uses his late 80s,
smooth vocals. And finally, BTATS stinks all around--any attempt to reporduce its
sound would spell the end of the Joke,not the new, fairly decent album.