[kj] Re: Perceptions so far

happydays at dds.nl happydays at dds.nl
Thu Apr 6 09:33:04 EDT 2006

I don't know any of you guys but I am strongly with "Alex in NY" about
the new album. I liked "A Tribal antidote" instantly , "Invocation" too but
it also made me laugh about what they have come up with now : complete
with harp ! "Gratitude" is starting to grow on me because of the dominant
and dark sounding guitar. The rest of the songs sound uninspired to me
and I am not crazy about the far fetched lyrics either. I was 100% with
"money is not our god" and "the beautiful death" (encouraged by commercials
to spend beyond my means , I laughed as it all fell apart at the seams)
Some of the new tracks indeed are to long as well and drag on, I could
not even bear to hear them out.
I think , considering all aspects , that of their later
period "Nighttime", "Brighter then..." and "Extremities........" are their
best work , sometimes very different but always strong and inspired !
If I had to pick only one album it would be extremities however !
Although I find "adorations" of enchanting beauty and "the Hum" to awesome
for words ! (I even like "dregs")

Eric