[kj] Re: In and Outs of a Band's Arse

gas wylde anathema2000 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 6 07:16:14 EDT 2006

Since joining this board I've been doin' the predictable god thing.
Listenin' to the Joke 06 and readin' all the intervening 'rational
commentary' of the Gatherers. It strikes me that all the to and fro,
summary argy-bargy and general hubub vis a vis HFTBOH is related to the
fact that most people yearn to be something or someone and so few ever
achieve that, let alone the dizzy heights of being in something as
interesting and enduring (let alone fucked-up) as a KILLING_JOKE.

It begs the question: is the best we can do in THE WEST to examine the
in's and outs of a duck's arse (for days on end) as related to a
subterranean rock act's latest effort to self-immolate? Is this it?
Wot's it all about Alfie?

I know Jaz, have for years. I am a Jaz. That's what makes it all so
compelling. The fact that we are or wish to be what we actually fear.
That Hosannas even gives us a slight horn at all in this age of
disposable tissue paper thin heroes is just amazing. I got onto this
board to suss out what KJ heads are really like. As revelation it's
been interesting to get meself a wee whiff.

But it makes 'seeing tomorrow', as Herr Coleman ably puts it, appear
incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

Rollover and think of Baghdad,

gasola