[kj] OT: Man held as terrorism suspect over punk song

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:58:49 EDT 2006

On 4/5/06, jpwhkj at aol.com <jpwhkj at aol.com> wrote:
> Welcome back, Pat.
>
> Views range from "the culmination of Killing Joke" and "the best thing
> they've ever done" through to "dull".
>
> Personally, I like it... but it's not the best thing they've ever done.
>  What do you think?
>
> Jamie

Actually i like it. Im a first generation Joker and much that was done
after Revelations wasnt really my thing bar the odd one or two. Whilst
there was some hope in 2003, this makes me move. I just taught class
playing it and the anthems are tremendous. I think when its done live
any doubts will be blown away.
I can see some ofthese on the first couple of albums. Would i do some
things different - hell yes, but this is killing joke, its fucking art
in its pourest form and i love it.
Invocation has me marching down the front of the stage already
Walking with Gods.........wow

i always felt they over produced and ruined their songs. They have
deliberatly left a rawness here that i appreciate. In a glossy styled
worled a little bit of rough is appreciated. Geordies guitar saves
some of the weaker material.....

No its good, its better than 2003. Its hard to ever get a 'complete'
album that thoroughly satifys every track but this will certainly rock
and once seen live will become legendary.

will that do? ; )

--
Pat