[kj] OT: Man held as terrorism suspect over punk song

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 17:08:47 EDT 2006

There is an answer for everything huh Peter?

In a message dated 4/5/2006 2:07:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk writes:

I dont  think that its paranoid at all. Look at it from the taxi drivers
point of  view: A man who resembles a terrorist get inside your cab and
starts  singing about "Now war is declared -- and battle come  down" is
enough to arouse anyone's suspicions. Dont forget that the taxi driver  could
not hear the music and probably would nt have heard of the Clash  song.
Its not as though a person got into a cab started  singing along to a song
that the driver could hear or was familiar with.  And the passenger was on
his way to the airport as well
I do  feel that its the duty of every  member of the public to be vigilant
and to report their suspicions.