[kj] OT: Man held as terrorism suspect over punk song

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 17:06:55 EDT 2006

I dont think that its paranoid at all. Look at it from the taxi drivers
point of view: A man who resembles a terrorist get inside your cab and
starts singing about "Now war is declared -- and battle come  down" is
enough to arouse anyone's suspicions. Dont forget that the taxi driver could
not hear the music and probably would nt have heard of the Clash song.
   Its not as though a person got into a cab started singing along to a song
that the driver could hear or was familiar with. And the passenger was on
his way to the airport as well
  I do feel that its the duty of every  member of the public to be vigilant
and to report their suspicions.