[kj] Geordie/EVH

Carl Stephens carlstephens at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 13:13:17 EDT 2006

Hi Alex,

Interesting observation concerning Geordie/EVH. I'm just wondering if there is any specific KJ track that you would cite as being Geordie's definitive trademark sound? This might help in getting to the bottom of this?

FLUW makes some interesting points, but I don't think he's entirely cornered it yet ;-)

One obvis thing that springs to mind is that both of 'em "Move a lot of air" with genuine quality amps (no nonsense involved!) AND both have had a smidge of stereo delay as part of their sound much of the time, I *suspect*. Also both used analogue effects only in the early days. Geordies trademark was, I believe, a Bell Labs ADT Echo pedal (watch the ebay prices go up now, if you can find one!! LOL!)

OK Alex, more data please monsieur!