[kj] Hossanas from the basements of hell

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 09:42:27 EDT 2006

I've just got mine in the post.  I've been listening to the mp3s for a
while now.

I think it's marvellous.  It's my second favourite after Night Time.

I'd like to point out that I've only been a fan for 18 months - I got
their entire back catalogue pretty much in one go and still get some of
their albums mixed up.  Sorry.

But I LOVE this album.  I can't wait to see/hear it live.  It will be a
shame if Raven's not there, but seeing as I haven't followed the band's
lineup changes for years and years it won't bother me that much.

I'm also really surprised at how many Gatherers don't like it.  It's
really strong melodically, the riffs are massive and those
synths/strings are fab.

I haven't got a problem with the production either, but I'm no expert.
And I've heard much worse (Terminal Cheesecake).

Invocation is my favourite and there isn't a single track I even
slightly dislike.

Just my onion,
Janean