[kj] NEW ALBUM - lengthy longnessness

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 18:54:18 EDT 2006

And i couldn't agree more with Alex's take.

I'm shocked, not only by how much everyone is digging
the new album but also by just how highly everyone is
rating it. Especially over KJ2003 which most people
don't seem too impressed with. To me, KJ2003 was and
still is a fantastic effort and the strongest album
since Extremeties. It's focused, vibrant, memorable
and low on filler.

Hosannas is muddled, aimless, and mostly forgettable
exactly the same way both Pandemonium and Democracy
are. There are a few good songs (the title track,
Majestic and Walking With Gods), at least one
unlistenable (Invocation), and the rest fall in with
stuff like Pleasures of the Flesh, the category being
"Songs I Never Have To Hear Again In My Life". I mean,
really, what is there to be gleaned from This Tribal
Antidote or Light Bringer? There are some nice parts,
sure, and i suppose it's better than what a lot of
other bands have to offer but...does that make it
good? Or essential?

I think i'm just jealous. Everyone's enjoying
themselves except for me, waaaaa!! ;) hehehe

Leigh

--- Robert Mallett <Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk>