[kj] was- lengthy longnessness now drummers

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:32:37 EDT 2006

Extremities was the first release that showed Killing Joke writing longer
songs.  The plus side to Extremities is that they were truly exploring new
grounds musically.  And it pays off.  The downside is that Pandemonium and
Hoassanas (especially these two) having longer songs and the pay off is not
nearly as great.  Democracy and 2003 cut back slightly on the time table.  I
like Pandemonium a lot but the biggest problem I have with it (same for
Damage Manual and Murder Inc) is that they plod on tooo long.  A lot of the
songs I skip to the next after I know there will be 2 minutes of outro
playing

Chris