[kj] new album

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 03:20:29 EDT 2006

I sent elder daughter off to buy it yesterday, and have listened a few
times, albeit whilst working so without being able to give it the
attention it deserves.

So far I'd say that it's significantly better than KJ2003.
Lightbringer in particular has a fantastic dance feel to it, alongside
the crunch of Geordie's guitar.  (Think of Kings and Queens.)  I can
almost feel the crowd around me bouncing and heaving....

I'd say it will be in my top 50% of Joke albums... joining only
Pandemonium out of the ones released since 1987. (Yes, I know
Extremities is highly rated, but (aside from Money and Slipstream) it
doesn't really do it for me.  The best thing about it was that it
marked the halting of the OTG nonsense.)

Jamie