[kj] GATHERERS, CELEBRATE!

Bish salja at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 20:31:31 EDT 2006

I would like to make myself clear on the shite comment. Yes there is
shite coming out, there is some genius. I recognise the genius
writers/bands when I hear them but they just dont hit the spot for me.
Im trapped by just a few bands which have been faithful companions  on
my vinyl  tapes, mini discs and Cd's over the years. I remember hearing
Empire Song when I was sixteen and thinking that Geordie was God. I dont
think to this day I have heard the electric guitar sound  so perfect, as
if Geordie had unlocked the mystery.  We have all been drawn in by the
Joke over the years and love them in our own  way.  We Gatherers are
priviledged as far as im concerned, we hear what the majority of the
public dont. Who can not listen to Nightime of BTATS  without being in
awe? Yes there was a strange blip with OTG but in its own way it was
strangely compelling to listen to......to me anyhow. The new album is
stunning! Just what  I have been waiting for!
I thank the Gatherers for intruducing me to bands I have never heard of
before and info I wouldnt ordinarily find, there are some very talented
people here. There are also some complete tools who should be struck off
for spamming bile and self rightious bollocks. We all enjoy some banter
from time to time but somtimes it gets too personal  and people get
upset. Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one, but show some
respect for eachother. The Joke binds us all together, lets stay
together and enjoy " The Gathering" experience.
If this all sounds self rightious and like I'm off on one... fine  its
just how I see things at this moment in time.  Thats my five peneth
worth......ill shut up for a while.
Bishbashbosh  :-P