[kj] atkins & budgie - a drummer's view

Rob Horan Rob at westwoodassociates.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 15:10:18 EDT 2006

<is
it necessarily always the drummer's fault in this sort of situation?>

True, not always I'm sure, but AR hardly seems a challenge (compared to, as you say, Spellbound) and Juju seems so much slicker produced than the previous 3 so it always stood out for me......SATB were never ironic so that's no excuse......surely songwriting's hard enough without poor execution.....you wouldn't see our dearly beloveds putting up with it ie. everything up to Democracy production is bloody thorough meaning that they're not the sort to say 'oh f*ck it that'll do' (except FOB which sounds 'cut live' in the studio and probably will never sound as good)

horbag