[kj] Killing Joke Playing Download Festival

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sun Apr 2 09:15:53 EDT 2006

Yeah, I think I was just showing my age ... intolerant crowds of the past
and all that ... I've seen the recent bills for Download and the attitude
there is a lot more open to musical diversity ... I'd just echo Bob's
response about the general feeling around here is one of disappointment that
KJ (just like in times past) seem to be snatching defeat from the jaws of
victory at a time when we were expected a glorious assault after hearing
some rough mix HFTBOH MP3's at the turn of the year ... we can only assume
that a temporary bassist is frantically learning the new album plus a
selection of back catalogue, prior to the first show in Luxembourg on 15th
April 2006, otherwise it is 1996 all over again ... no disrepect to Troy
Gregory (ex-Prong) ... he did a sterling job BUT the few European shows KJ
did play only featured a couple of new album tracks (then Savage Freedom and
Aeon, though Intellect was aired in Hamburg) ... and therefore the feeling
one was of slight disappointment when I caught them at the Paradiso ...
which spawned that "Lanterns Of Dope" bootleg ... anyway, I'n sure they'll
put it off this time ...