[kj] OT - superjumbo

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 29 14:36:28 EDT 2005

"thats a load of bollocks'

I don't think that it is.The exhaust fumes from 400 motorbikes will cause
more harm than an aeroplanes fumes would.
       400 motorbikes leaving from Aberdeen to Spain will take about 25
hours(guess), in these 25 hours you will pass through numerous towns ,cities
and villages, polluting a lot of peoples air in the meantime, whilst the
Aeroplane will take 3 hours.The aeroplanes fumes are in the sky and easily
dispersed, whilst the bikes fumes are on the ground and right in peoples
faces.
 If I had a choice of 400 motorbikes driving through my village , or one
aeroplane flying overhead, I would choose the aeroplane.
    The aeroplane option would also be safer for the riders/passengers,
pedestrians and wildlife.