[kj] 24 million people... 1 from those here!

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:49:19 EDT 2005

>  Their lifestyle may be able to contain itself within its own confines, it
> may be possible for a small tribe to live in a large jungle the way they do,
> but 10 million people living in the confines of a city, it will not be
> possible to live in a primitive lifestyle way.

I think this is the wrong way of looking at things. Its not whether we
are more 'progressed' or 'civilised' but how do we live in relation
with the catch it all phrase 'Nature'.

Today scientists tell us the polar ice cap has reduced by 30% due to
global warming. We have lost 'touch' with nature and this is something
i get a better understanding from looking at indigenous tribes. There
seems to be an understanding about their position in the equation.

Meanwhile, we see more and more humans dying of cancer and unless
there is a radical shift in the way we go about things the 'choice' to
move to the country will be irrelevant as most of it will be flood
plains. Theres a growing army of teenagers poisening themselves with
binge drinking and junk food who are becoming an army of zombies
addicted to a decadent lifestyle similar to the accounts of Pompei
before the Volcano erupted.

kiss kiss

--
iPat
if you have any preconception of yourself, you cannot comprehend the