[kj] 24 million people... 1 from those here!

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 09:37:59 EDT 2005

Funnily enough, I can't see anything in Rob's answer about us packing up and going back to a primitive way of life.

As for medicines, you're right there, the Amazonian Indians (for example) have very little in the way of medicine, no antibiotics, no kidney dialysis, no organ transplants, no medicines to treat mental illness- the list goes on, but you see my point. According to you, these things are necessary for survival. It's a bit of a mystery then how these guys have managed to survive for thousands of years without them. I'm certainly puzzled.

Jim.

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
"The fact that their lifestyle has been prooved to be one that can be
sustained and ours can only falter is of course a side issue."

Their lifestyle may be able to contain itself within its own confines, it
may be possible for a small tribe to live in a large jungle the way they do,
but 10 million people living in the confines of a city, it will not be
possible to live in a primitive lifestyle way.
For us all to leave our cities and ways of life and all retreat back
into the countryside and live as cavemen is not an option.
They consume less and so their quality of life is very low.
So the option of us all retreating back to the forests and living in
ignorance is not a feasible option. I don't know about everyone else, but I
could nt see myself going out and catching a sheep, chopping it up, eating
it for dinner and wearing its skin as a new coat , I would rather just go
the shops, and would you be happy having a root canal done in the Amazon
with no anaesthetic?
The Jungle dwellers may have a fresh water source but they certainly
haven't discovered any medicines, which are needed for survival.
Trees are renewable and so is water, Oil wont be needed soon as they
will invent engines that run on other sources.Primitive people are
undeveloped and live in ignorance.............but , yes they would win a
cock-a-too sound-a- like competition.
P.W.