[kj] projectile vomiting

gregslawson at aol.com gregslawson at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 07:50:44 EST 2005

Well, I think the main problem w/the civil rights movement was that it helped some of the black middle class. Many just became part of the "sysetm"--school and city administrators, cops, managers & businesspeople, etc. The black working class is in many ways worse off than they were during segregation (when black communities had their own doctors, teachers, lawyers, etc): higher prison rate than ever, bad schools, health care,and housing, more crime and drugs, etc. It's similar in a way to what has happened in South Africa since Apartheid ended--people still struggle for decent housing, electricity, etc.