[kj] OT - "UK Music Hall of Fame" : No Joy Division, N.O., or John Peel????

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 16:55:53 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/29/2005 1:29:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
GregSlawson at aol.com writes:

When I was a college dj, in about 1983, our station brought  New Order to
Ohio for a show. Everyone at the station WORSHIPED New Order to  no end,
especially the station manager. He arranged the whole show. After  picking them up at
the airport and driving them to the hall, he hated their  guts. I guess
they're not the most ingratiating dudes! (And of course they  played the usual 45
min w/no encore, which us yanks have never  understood).

Yes, I have heard they could be pricks at times. Gillian and Steve would be
the only ones i would like to meet. Yeah, they even mention that with the
encores.

~LB