[kj] OT - "UK Music Hall of Fame" : No Joy Division, N.O., or John Peel????

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:04:28 EST 2005

The New Order bit was good. The guy who played Barney in 24-Hour Party
People presented the award to them. There was a brief video collage of old
hits with people from Moby to the Chemical Bros applauding them. They all
went up to get the award including Gillian. Barney said thanks, paid tribute
to Ian Curtis, thanked Shaun Ryder (Happy Mondays) for making Barney look
slim, didn't thank "the people who kept me up until 5am in my hotel this
morning". He did look a bit rough. Then they played Love Will... and a more
recent hit (can't remember which). Gillian did not play with them.

Didn't see anything else apart from the Bob Dylan tribute.