[kj] SAHB Concert Last Night!

JStrisino at aol.com JStrisino at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 03:53:48 EST 2005

Last night I thought I`d go along an see SAHB. I was a bit apprehensive,  but
I wasn`t let down! It was at the Queens Hall Nuneaton, a great little  venue
that holds around 2/300 people (there must have been around 150 of us  old
gits in there). Anyway, I first saw them as young chap in 76 on the  bill with
The Who and I can remember very little. Alhto` Alex is dead (and many  will
think "oh it`s not the same), the original members with a singer called Max
Maxwell did a set last night that was "jaw droppingly superb" (my ears are still
ringing). The singer sounded remarkably like Alex too, which helped.
Nevertheless, the show was "awesome". The opener, "Faithhealer" set the  trend for the
rest of the evening; absolutely on fire it was!! The whole gig was  performed
with renewed vigour and tracks such as Tomahawk Kid, ...Compliments to  the
Chef and Isobel Goudie were outstanding! I`d recommend anyone to nip along  and
see `em. There`s still a lot of the UK tour to go.

I`ve seen a few gigs this year and I would put it just behind the two Joke
shows (SBE and Brum Academy 2) that I attended. Zal Cleminson is a very
underrated guitarist! He was excellent and powerful as were all of `em!