[kj] Killing Pigeons

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 14:58:06 EST 2005

Cheers for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net
[mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Darth Vader
Sent: 25 November 2005 15:03
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: [kj] Killing Pigeons

The Killing Joke interview in Stool Pigeon is nicely
laid out but a but a bit disappointing in terms of
actual content. The journalist spends much of it
describing the scene and despite spending quite a long
time speaking to Jaz, doesn't quote him much.

The most interesting thing the journalist (Tony
Gunnarsson) has to say is this:

'They are poetic in their message and they're more
than just another band - not because they've been at
it for 25 years, but because they genuinely work hard.
They currently rehearse every day and Jaz says things
he means, like, "If we can't make a contribution to
innovation, we may as well pack it in."'

Jaz is also quoted as saying:
"We were really cynical about the music industry. We
saw groups that had high ideals and then, when they
had come out through the machinery, they'd lost all
their ideals. We did not want to end up like that. So
our first question was: 'What do we want to achieve
out of this?' And the answer was: 'We want to inspire
other people to do whatever their true gift from God
is.' Or whatever their 'true will' is, as we call it.
So it was a renaissance at the end of the day - to
inspire other people. We had the idea that Killing
Joke is a mirror. And what you see in us, you can do
too; that the stage is an audience and the audience is
a stage."

He also makes a prediction:
"There will be a noticeable difference from March next
year... air flight will be the privilege of the rich."

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!