[kj] Ill Logic PontifiPation

Shadforth, Jane SUKOP-OFI/3521 jane.shadforth at shell.com
Fri Nov 25 11:48:48 EST 2005

> Explain how you extrapolated from that the statement
> that I don't care about human suffering.
>
> Why do I try to avoid buying products made in
> sweatshops?
>
> Why did I donate money to help Jester pay for cancer
> treatment?
>
> Why did I donate money to help the people injured by
> the Pakistan earthquake?

I think that's what we're all wondering - why do you care about some human suffering, but not others? I'm not saying you should care any more about the London bombings than other suffering, but to say you didn't care at all still makes no sense to me ...

> I know Jane seemed a bit upset, and she is a
> fundamentally decent person who I didn't mean to
> offend,

Upset or offended aren't really the words I'd use. I was more disappointed in somebody I thought I knew, confused by your contradictions and annoyed that you showed no regard for list members affected by your comments.