[kj] OT But quite interesting

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 17:01:53 EST 2005

By that sense, anyone who follows a man-made philosophy is deluded.

  I see what you're saying about the lack of evidence, but I think there are two important things to take into consideration: (a) many people do have evidence of the truth of their beliefs; it might not satisfy you, but for them it is evidence. (b) you don't have any proof that their philosophies aren't true. It's all a question of faith, both for the doubter and the believer.

  Besides, conclusions based on a notable lack of evidence are all around us: evolution, the growth of the universe, the laws of thermodynamics. There are plenty of widely-accepted scientific beliefs that rest on less-than-complete evidence. I think it's part of the human condition, to need to pigeon-hole the universe and escape from the inevitable conclusion: we barely understand any of it.

  Jim.

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
  Deluded in the sense that they believe in Occultism and Religion.
People put so much belief into Religion and Occultism and devote so much
of their life to it and follow what it says.............yet there is not one
thread of evidence to proof that it really exists.
Religion and Occultism are man made philosophies and people must be
deluded because they devote so much of their time to it.

PW