[kj] Power Chord Pioneer Link Wray Dies at 76

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:08:24 EST 2005

Hang on a minute! That doesn't mean he INVENTED the power chord. You said
correct me if i'm wrong, so I did.

I be very surpirsed if they hadn't popped up a few times before he started
using them, but if he's generally considered the pioneer of that form of
music then I'll go along with that. Not sure it's much to be proud of,
however. To me power chords represent a massive dumbing-down of music. Sorry
to speak ill of the man after he's just died, but they're boring. I hope the
first bloke to do lots of wanky solos isn't similarly hailed.

So, Todd, who WAS the first to do the Geordie thing? Not denying your claim,
just interested.