[kj] Power Chord Pioneer Link Wray Dies at 76

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 11:04:01 EST 2005

*geordie wasn't the first to play a chiming dissonant bell chord or tune
to D either but...
*
*of course, everything becomes relative to the era in which the catalyst
is analysed, as history forgets and neglects, then makes an attempt to
suffice as people merely invoke a common perfunctory obligation of
tribute...
Reuter's Syndrome
**
the key in this particular thread i think is, who was the dominant
catalyst for the usage of a particular sound or style of play:

charlie christian - electric guitar
ike turner - the wammy bar freak-out
les paul - multi track - tape echo
paul burlison - rock n roll amplifier distortion
t bone walker - double stop bends  - single note blues bend style
django reinhardt - lateral vibrato
bb king - sustained vertical vibrato
leo theremin - synthesizer - electronic music
palakiko frank ferera - bottle neck  (slide)
bob dunn - electric slide lap steel

and link wray did get the ball rolling on - power chords

*