[kj] Killing Joke was nt right

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 21 13:52:11 EST 2005

If you think a bit about the verse, then it is not as prophetic as it first
appears.
     " I was born to see 2,000 years"
With the knowledge that you were born in 1960* and the song was written in
1994 when Jaz was 34*, then it is very likely that he would see the year
2000 , I'm just surprised that it took him so long to work it out!!!

"Of man's effect upon the planet"
Man has been effecting the planet sine the day of his incarnation.
  The Globe has been warming ever since the end of the last ice age. The
industrial revolution in the 1800's intensified the process, but Global
warming is a natural progression

"Extinction seems to be a plausible risk"

The World is a bit over inhabited at the moment., maybe it is just natures
way of culling an over populated species

The next verse was
"I can see tomorrow I can see the world to come........
I believe that we can turn it around"

Well.........We are not "turning it around" are we, no one is really that
bothered, if Jaz could have "seen tomorrow", he would have known that we are
NOT turning it around and no one really cares, that is proof that he cannot
"see tomorrow". And I cant "hear  the Pandemonium" either, just apathy

(* = A Guess, A chance to Rangecroft to correct me)