[kj] Tube Disaster

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:29:07 EST 2005

In my experience people do tend to get on and are generally considerate to
each other. certain cultures have traits which can clash with our own
cultural traits. i had a Filipino staying at my house for three weeks and he
never lifted a finger to help in the house which is a common trait of the
filipino male. I work alongside many norwegians who have an abrupt nature
which can really annoy the mild mannered nature of the brit.
The arab culture has a great depth but comes from a different base than
'us'. our language is dervived from the sanskrit throughout the centuries
whereas arabic comes from another source.
Before oil we were fighting for land, for a version of god, for some concept
of immortality. Its nothing new and its usually kept running by those with
such entrenched beliefs whether you call it religion, politics or greed.
Ive always considered that the conflicts in the world are an extension of
the conflicts within ourselves. Peace wont come to the world till there's
peace within ourselves and that has to reflect our complete submission to
the will of life. Until you know yourself how can you know the world?