OT: RE: [kj] Melt Hex

Shadforth, Jane SUKOP-OFI/3521 jane.shadforth at shell.com
Tue Nov 15 13:27:47 EST 2005

> >  Some of you
> > > pontificators really need to get out a bit more.
> > >
> > > Not so Jane Shadforth who I saw last night at
> > > Manchester University. She was at the Damned gig
> > > downstairs
> >

> > Please don't bring me into this Graeme -
>
> Not really trying to
> Just stating that you were at a gig

Not quite - you linked it to the previous comment, which insulted several members of the gathering, then exempted me from your remarks. I'd just like to make it quite clear that I find your apparent attitude to terrorism just as offensive as "the pontificators" and can't see how "getting out" regularly or not has any relevance to that opinion.

> you've
> > neglected to mention that I was quite deliberately
> > rude to you on Friday.
>
> Didn't notice to be honest
> I only said hello than walked upstairs as narcosis
> were already on
>
> After I couldn't ignore you
> > hanging about at my shoulder any longer,
> > (interrupting my conversation with a friend),
>
> I only said hello
>
> I only
> > said about 2 words to you before walking off.
>
> Actuslly I walked off

I think you said hello to Iain before the gig. I was chatting to someone else then. You attempted to start a conversation with me after the show.

> Your initial comment,
> > (however truthful), was thoughtless & insensitive,
>
> Which comment?

The one when you admitted to having found 9/11 funny.

> I know we all get carried away at
> > times, (particularly tour times), but before you
> > post again, just stop and think about how your
> > message could be perceived, and who it might hurt or
> > anger.
> >

> Sorry but I'm not too bothered about angering people

Seemingly OK to hurt them as well? Maybe you have never lost anyone close to you, or maybe not in violent circumstances? Even if you haven't, just imagine how you'd feel if somebody snatched the life away of one of you close friends or family. And then imagine how you'd feel if somebody told you they thought it was funny...

I give up, Jane