[kj] cooking vinyl mix up?

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:57:38 EST 2005

Is there anyone out there who is friendly with the fine folks at Cooking
Vinyl? I wrote them a letter 2 weeks ago inquring about the confusion over
the alleged second XXV Gathering cd - the one many online merchants reported
as the "US version."

(Old news to most of you - This US one is listed as featuring Darkness
Before Dawn, Empire Song, and Blood on Your Hands, as well as the otherwise
dvd-only tracks Complicaitons and Whiteout. It omits 4 songs from the
European version, making the grand total 16 tracks.)

I wanted to get a sense of how online retailers got the tracklisting - I
can't imagine they just made it up. Were these tracks ever mastered
properly? Will they be released either online or in some promotional
capacity? Does Cooking Vinyl realize that some people are getting a cd quite
different from the one being advertized?

Anyway, I got a prompt reply, but all I was told was: "I think you are
getting the DVD confused with the CD as the DVD has extra tracks." I sent
back a response explicitly outlining the track differences above, and
provided four links to merchants where this tracklisting continues to be
promoted. No reply.

I love the cd and dvd to death - it's kinda hard to let go of the fact that
three of their all-time best songs were excised. If it was a quality control
decision by the band, fair enough.... but to me the circumstances imply
something else.

Anyone???

T.