[kj] Feel the State of Death (was Jaz as Suicide Bomber)

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:22:13 EST 2005

 Bear with me while i quote:
Feel the State of Death (J Krishnamurti)
We are afraid to die. To end the fear of death we must come into contact
with death, not with the image which thought has created about death, but we
must actually feel the state. Otherwise there is no end to fear, because the
word death creates fear, and we don't even want to talk about it.
Being healthy, normal, with the capacity to reason clearly, to think
objectively, to observe, is it possible for us to come into contact with the
fact, totally? The organism, through usage, through disease, will eventually
die. If we are healthy, we want to find out what death means. It's not a
morbid desire, because perhaps by dying we shall understand living. Living,
as it is now, is torture, endless turmoil, a contradiction, and therefore
there is conflict, misery and confusion. The everyday going to the office,
the repetition of pleasure with its pains, the anxiety, the groping, the
uncertainty—that's what we call living. We have become accustomed to that
kind of living. We accept it!; we grow old with it and die.

To find out what living is as well as to find out what dying is, one must
come into contact with death; that is, one must end every day everything one
has known. One must end the image that one has built up about oneself, about
one's family, about one's relationship, the image that one has built through
pleasure, through one's relationship to society, everything. That is what is
going to take place when death occurs.......................................
Krishnamurti tells us that we have to kill off the collection of memories
and attitude that make us 'us' (ego) in order to look at the day with brand
new eyes. We must 'empty the cup'. The suicide bomber doesnt do that, 'he'
accumulates a religion to hide behind. He denies his own experience and
adopts another and this submission is a perversion of gods[insert whatother
name is used for god] will. Its the ultimate irony, the killing joke.