[kj] Re: KJ DVD availability.

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 11:38:02 EST 2005

I didn't say this.......wasn't it PW?

Mikael Byström <mikael.bystrom at punkass.com> wrote:Papa Lazarou said:

>Okay then, list the last five records that you have bought, that
>"no-one has ever written about and kick ass". Let us all see if your
>argument is valid
Will you show me your record collection if I show mine? Seriously I don't
have to prove anything.
It says itself and is a common experience for any serious record
purchaser that pre-release records, or first release records, that will
trickle to select shops or through other channels before becoming widely
available, are, at the point of time when it's getting into the hands of
the "early adopter", largely unknown to people like yourself. To be
ignorant is a choice.
This specific time point may often occur at about the same time any
journalist gets it into their hands in order to write about it. So often
it will not then have been written about yet.

Most often though, my narrow taste expands this time frame to be longer.
Many records I purchase or otherwise get into my possession will never be
written about. While I may enjoy commercial music and can spot a hit
before it's a hit with some accuracy, even it's out of my style of
liking, I usually go for more obscure styles of music. Though I have
friends who have more obscure tastes than myself, so everything is relative.

What you fail to realize is that you not getting the concept of getting
records earlier than most, does indeed prove my point. Why can't you just
accept that I'm happy with my position towards records and that you're
happy with your own and move on.

>I can understand why you are doing it , but cannot understand why
>you would WANT to do it*
I don't understand why who must shop at bad places, so that make us two,
but I do accept your position nevertheless. Do we really have to make
more points about this now?

And, yes, I have met the kind of shop people you describe, most often in
computer stores, but I either shape them up or take my business elsewhere.