[kj] ot: LATER WITH JOOLS

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:25:13 EST 2005

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 26, PROGRAMME 4 NEXT SHOW
is this FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/* <http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/>

Hello Music Lovers,

We have an embarrassment of riches of talent in the studio for you this
week!

There can be no doubt that the mod father of cool PAUL WELLER has got his
'mojo' back with his new album 'As Is Now'. Weller will be performing tracks
from this critically acclaimed album.

From Mexico, Carlos SANTANA has sold over 90 million albums worldwide in a
career that has so far spanned four decades. His signature guitar
sound –fusing rock, jazz, blues, soul and latin styles is as unique as
it is
instantly identifiable.

Former Velvet Underground member and one of the coolest Welsh men in music,
JOHN CALE returns with a new album, 'blackAcetate' which has been described
as containing songs of "fervour, distortion and atmosphere".

Who else do I have for your televisual delight?

BETTYE LAVETTE is one of the supreme voices in soul music and a hero to the
UK's 1970's Northern Soul kids. Having recorded for four decades, Bettye has
remained criminally unknown. With a new record deal under her hat, Bettye
returns with a new album, 'I've Got My Own Hell To Raise' and a mission to
finally make her mark.

Icelandic natives SIGUR ROS deliver another dose of their uniquely
atmospheric, orchestral and layered sound from their new album 'Takk'.

Finally, nine time Grammy winner, SHERYL CROW has released her first studio
album in three years, 'Wildflower'. It has been described as "a collection
of intimate, introspective compositions".

Next week, I'll have TEXAS, BABYSHAMBLES, SALIF KEITA, TEDDY THOMPSON & SEAN
PAUL.

Make sure you tune this Friday 11th November at 11.35pm on BBC 2

Love

Jools x

--
iPat
"Intellect and intelligence do not go together. Intelligence is obtained