[kj] Re: KJ DVD availability... OFFLIST

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Tue Nov 8 14:48:54 EST 2005

peter.west410 said:

>So, you need a shop assistant to tell you what music you like?
I need a knowledgeable agent that *knows my taste* and will find records
from groups noone have ever written about, and that kick ass. My liking
of music is ever expanding, but I only buy music I love and I fall in
love every day. There's so many records and so little time. So what if
95% is shite, I get the remaining 5%. I especially like rare records that
people like you don't even know have been released.

>No doubt you are one of these people who cant understand that Killing joke
>records are stored under K, and therefore have to ask the assistant as to
>their whereabouts
No doubt you're the kind of person that only buy what you already heard
because it makes you feel "safe". Perhaps even only stuff that have been
played on radio or on MTV?
For me Killing Joke is (or at least was) the exact opposite of that
position. If they (KJ) can't continue to take me where I haven't been
they are of no interest to me. I've had my doubts for long time, but I
want to keep an eye on them now and then, as they were one of the first
to heavily influence my taste .
And my favourite position, mate, is behind the counter digging up the
crates, banging the sounds on the instore sound system, before the
friendly "shop assistants" get to them. This is clearly something you
will never understand.

>I buy straight off the net.It's cheaper, quicker, less hassle and I
>have no need to talk to anyone.There is no problem
Good for you. You're happy, I'm happy, nothing more to talk about now.