[kj] the league of ordinary armageddon

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 09:20:01 EST 2005

By the same token, he could've taken his *AMERICAN* audience into
consideration (myself included). We all know how much Jaz loathes we
Yanks (but still sees fit to release records here).

In terms of Geordie purportedly clapping and laughing as the planes hit
the towers, the band have always sought to create the impression that
they were awaiting the "end times" as they'd so often predicted.  Maybe
it's simply the ugly realization of the theory that "comedy is tragedy
from a safe distance". Pity at this stage in their lives/careers, the
band still sees the need to perpetuate that sort've idiocy.

Alex in NYC