[kj] way OT: looking for...

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:45:18 EST 2005

Way way OT, but there's a funny story to go along with this.
Semi-popular pop band Saint Etienne released a new pop single.  The 7"
was to be limited to 1000 copies.  Some idiot at the record company
only had 1000 of each format pressed -- a 2-track CD, 3-track CD, and
7".  This is a pop single.  Obviously you can't chart that way.  Can't
even satisfy demand from the band's fanclub members with those
quanitites.  The bands own store got exactly 1 copy of 100 they
ordered.  I fully expect when the band gets dropped from the label,
some idiot executive will tell them, "Charts?!? We only sold 3000 of
your last single!"  Joke fans will be able to relate.

Anyway, I was able to track down the 7" and the 3-track CD, but I'm
looking for the 2-track CD.  Anyone in and around a major town in the
U.K. who plans to go record shopping over the weekend, could you keep
an eye peeled for the 2-track CD?  For that matter, if you can find
any format, I'm sure I can pass it along to some other collector scum
like myself.

Sorry for the OT intrusion.

--Mark