[kj] KJ falls apart in the 80s (for the second time)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Thu Nov 3 15:20:17 EST 2005

Jim Harper said:

>Allegedly Jaz fired Big Paul because he couldn't play in 13/8 time (or
>whichever crazy time signature wanted for a certain track).

It might be that I was overly impressed during a soundcheck in 83, but
when I heard Paul play on his own and after that (and the concert) I have
a hard time imagining any time signature he couldn't play. During the
soundcheck he was playing like 3 distinct rhythms at once and I remember
I found that I was dancing and wondered when I started.
The whole experience, meeting with KJ, the soundcheck and the concert was
pure magic. Unfortunately it's the only live encounter I've had, so I was
looking forward to this tour, even as I don't have any expectations for
what they can do now.